Library District Citizens' Advisory Committee
The mission of the Citizens Advisory Committee of the Maricopa County Library District is to advise the Library District Board of Directors (Maricopa County Board of Supervisors), serve as a facilitator of communication, and act as a liaison between the community and the Library Administration.
- 2nd Tuesday of each month, except August and December
- Library District Administrative Office
2700 N. Central Avenue, Suite 700
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
The meetings begin at 11:00 a.m. Meeting sessions are open to the public. Contact the Library District at (602) 652-3031 to confirm the meeting schedule.
|District 1||Charlotte Kaplow||07/22/2015 - 06/30/2017|
|District 1||Donald Langlois||07/01/2016 - 06/30/2018|
|District 2||John Nelson||07/01/2015 - 06/30/2017|
|District 2||Tim Zaspal||02/01/2017 - 06/30/2017|
|District 3||Marc Kuffner||08/05/2015 - 06/30/2017|
|District 3||David Court||07/20/2016 - 06/30/2017|
|District 4||Roy Delgado||09/23/2015 - 06/30/2017|
|District 4||Constance Copeland||07/01/2016 - 06/30/2018|
|District 5||Ben Gray||07/22/2015 - 06/30/2017|
|District 5||Jessica Gonzalez||02/01/2017 - 06/30/2018|
|At-Large||Linda de Berge||07/01/2015 - 06/30/2017|
|At-Large||Jessica Koory||07/01/2016 - 06/30/2018|
|Library Director||Cindy Kolaczynski||Ex-Officio|
Under Section II of the guidelines adopted by the Library District Board of Directors (Maricopa County Board of Supervisors), membership is comprised as follows:
- The Citizens Advisory Committee shall consist of 13 members, 12 appointed by the Library District Board of Directors, and the Library District Director who shall serve as an ex-officio member.
- Each member of the Library Board of Directors shall appoint two members to the Citizens Advisory Committee. The Chair of the Board of Directors shall also appoint 2 additional at-large members. Appointments shall be for two years, and the term of office shall begin in July. A member may be reappointed by the Library District Board of Directors.
- A member remains a member until replaced by appointment, until resignation, or until the position is declared vacant. Members serve beyond the expiration of their term until reappointed or replaced by the Library District Board of Directors. Vacancies are filled to serve the unexpired portion of the term. To be valid, resignations must be accepted by the Citizens Advisory Committee. The Committee may recommend removal by the Library District Board of Directors of any member with 3 unexcused absences in a fiscal year; with such removal, the position becomes vacant.
Duties & Powers
Under Section III of the guidelines adopted by the Library District Board of Directors, duties and responsibilities of members are as follows:
- Consider and advise on policies to govern the operation and programs of the Library District.
- Know the programs and needs of the Library District in relation to the community; keep abreast of standards and library trends; assist and advise in the planning of Library programs.
- Consider and advise in the preparation of the budget.
- Be advised of local and state laws where applicable; actively support Library legislation in the state and nation.
- Attend appropriate Board meetings; attend all Citizens Advisory Committee meetings.
- Be informed of appropriate regional, state and national meetings and workshops; attend as needed.
- Be aware of and advise on services of the Maricopa County Library District.
- Report to proper authorities and general public.
- Serve as a liaison between the community and the Library Administration.
- Members serve without compensation.
This committee was established by the Board of Directors on October 4, 1989. No statutory guidelines apply.