Right-of-Way Use Permit
The Flood Control District of Maricopa County (FCD) is now using an online application process for new Right of Way (ROW) permits. To obtain a new use ROW Permit, you will need to sign in or register here. For existing ROW applications, follow the process outlined.
Right-of-Way Permit Application Process
FCD has made some changes in the Right-of-Way Permit Application process. The applicant will now go through a three step process that is outlined below. Each step has a checklist of requirements.
- Complete the Pre-Application (PDF) information and refer to the Pre-Application (PDF) checklist requirements.
At the applicant's discretion, FCD staff will meet with the applicant for a Pre-Application Meeting to discuss any conceptual plans or scope and provide information on any FCD standards. There is no charge for this preliminary review of your plans, but we strongly encourage this meeting as it will help to reduce the number of review cycles that your plans might need.
- Submit completed Plan Review Form Application (PDF) and refer to the Plan Review Checklist requirements. For permanent installations on FCD owned Right-of-Way an easement from the FCD will generally be required. The applicant will also need to provide a map exhibit and legal description of the easement in 8 ½ inches by 11 inches recordable format. After approval of the map and legal, an appraisal will be required for the easement value. The applicant will be responsible for all costs associated with the appraisal. applicant shall allow 4 to 6 weeks for FCD review. Upon completion of the review, FCD will transmit the results of the review to the applicant. Revisions to the plans may be necessary. FCD will transmit a final plan approval letter to the applicant once the FCD receives revised plans that address FCD's concerns. Please note that written correspondence does not constitute authorization to begin construction activities within FCD's right-of-way, a Right-of-Way Use Permit (Step 3) is required.
- Applicant/Contractor shall complete the Construction Phase Permit Application (PDF) and refer to Construction Phase Checklist requirements. FCD will issue a Right-of-Way Use Permit after any additional paperwork and information that is outlined in the Plan Approval letter is received, all fees have been paid and a bond has been secured.
- Access Road Requirements (PDF)
- Checklist - Emergency Action Plan (PDF)
- Checklist - Right-of-Way Permit Application (PDF)
- Checklist - Work Plan (PDF)
- Construction Phase Permit Application (PDF)
- General Notes (PDF)
- Permit As-Built Requirements (PDF)
- Permit Use and Fees (PDF)
- Plan Review Form Application (PDF)
- Pre-Application (PDF)
- Pre-Application Checklist (PDF)
- Proposed Surety Bond (PDF)
- Security in Lieu of Performance Bond Form (PDF)