Waste Resources and Recycling

Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

Unwanted paint can be recycled for a fee at businesses such as, Stericycle Specialty Waste Solutions. Please call 602-276-7602 for more information.

Paint may also be disposed of as trash AFTER it has been hardened. To harden paint; add paint hardener (may be purchased at home improvement stores) or, clay cat litter to the paint, leave the paint can open and let it dry. When paint is dry, leave the lid off and dispose of in your regular trash.

Because the holiday is observed on a day that the transfer station is normally closed our staff is given the next business day to observe the holiday.

Proof of residency is not required.

The transfer stations take cash only. You will be given a receipt.

For an $8.00 fee county transfer stations can take used refrigerator's AFTER the Freon is evacuated, the compressor is removed and, tagged by an appropriate vendor.

All residential trash loads need to be bagged (no loose trash) to comply with A.R.S. 49-762.07.

And, in accordance with A.R.S. 28-1098.A, vehicles need to be loaded in such a manner to prevent any of its load from dropping, sifting, leaking or otherwise escaping from the vehicle.

The county transfer stations can take a limited amount (5 gallons) of used oil and antifreeze for recycling.

Companies such as, Stericycle Specialty Waste Solutions, may take other HHW material for a fee. Please call 602-276-7602 for more information.

Contact your municipality to see if there is an HHW event in your area.

The county transfer stations do not take any type of light bulbs. Companies such as, Batteries Plus Bulbs, recycle a number of items including batteries and light bulbs. Please contact the nearest location, fees may apply.

Small camping propane tanks (Coleman) may be thrown away in the trash AFTER the tank has been properly emptied. Larger tanks for home gas grills may NOT be thrown away in the trash. For alternative ideas please use the following link.