Waste Tire Permit Instructions
Public Works Waste Resources & Recycling
2919 W. Durango Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85009
How to apply for a tire permit
There are three ways to apply:
- Online: complete the online form and submit it via e-mail to McCartneyr@mail.maricopa.gov
- Fax: download and fax the application to 480-888-2706
- In person: Apply in person one of the Maricopa County Waste Tire Stations
There are two types of permits
- Regular Permit which is for New and Used Tire Dealers and is good for one full calendar year.
- Special Permit is for one time cleanup of illegally discarded waste tires and is valid for 30 days.
What you need to apply for a Waste Tire Permit
- Tire Dealers must attach a copy of your Business License along with your permit application. If you have more then one location you must list each location in your application before you utilize the facilities.
- New Tire Dealers are required to submit a copy of their TR-1 with the tire permit application.
- All residents will need their County Assessor's Parcel Number on the application and a photocopy of their AZ D.L. OR I.D. with your permit application.
How to fill out the tire permit form
- Name of Company – tire generators place the name of their business or if you are a resident write your full name.
- Type of business - Choose New or Used tire dealer. If you are a resident and not a business check one-time special clean up. Sales ID # - business use your Federal Tax Identification number. Resident use your properties parcel number.
- Street Address –Where the waste tires are stored, street address, City, State and Zip code.
- Mailing Address- where you can be reached by mail.
- Telephone- A number you can be reached at if any questions and a fax number.
- Authorized representative- Name of the person filling in the form. You must fill in both blanks for the authorized representative with date.
- E-Mail or fax your completed form and a Solid Waste Management representative will approve or disapprove your application.
Tips for Waste Tire Disposal
- Bring your completed waste tire disposal manifest, you need one for each place of business or residents you collected tires from, to the Tire Recycling Facility, the manifest are mandatory and your tire load will be rejected without them.
Bring a copy of the generators permit to the Tire Recycling facility. The permit is required to dispose of your tires.
- Tires must be generated within Maricopa County.
- Make sure your tires that are removed from the rim and not encased with dirt.
- Shredded, burnt, cut, or encased with dirt tires are not accepted.
- Residents may dispose of a maximum of 50 waste tires per year.
- You must follow all posted rules at the disposal site.
Waste Resources & Recycling Tire Collection Site
11400 E. Pecos Rd.
Queen Creek, AZ 85242
Where to call for additional information and location
Office (480) 987-2498 or
Fax (480) 888-2706
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
- Is there a fee for registering?
- Who is required to register with Maricopa County?
- Any individual or company that generates waste tires in Maricopa County and must utilize the Maricopa County Waste Tire Collection Sites for proper disposal of waste tires.
- What is a regular permit?
- A permit that is good for 1 year and is mostly used by a waste tire generator.
- What is a waste tires?
- Tires that are no longer suitable for their original intended purpose because of wear, damage or defect.
- What is a waste tire generator?
- A tire dealer that sells new or used tires or if you are a resident you would be the waste tire generator.
- What is a hauler?
- That is the person assigned by the generator to take their tires to the tire site.
- What is a special permit?
- A permit good for disposal of illegal dumped tires for 30 days.
- What is a Waste Tire Disposal Manifest?
- The form that lets the sites know how many tires, who you are, which site you went to, and when.