Formation options

If you are part of an existing established development, you have the option of creating a SLID via the standard rout noted under FAQ item 2. However, if you are part of a new development, in addition to the standard route you may also wish to consider undertaking the improvements under an HOA. For further information on county improvement districts within unincorporated areas of Maricopa County, contact the Office of the Superintendent of Streets at (602) 506-0313.

Return to County Improvement Districts

Show All Answers

1. What is an Improvement District?
2. How do I go about getting one organized?
3. How do I pay for the improvements?
4. How can I discontinue a Maintenance Improvement District?
5. Who can I talk to for more information?
6. I don't want to have my road paved but I would like to have my road maintained.
7. How often is the road graded?
8. What if I can't make the payments?
9. Formation options
10. How can I find out if my property is located in an Active or Proposed district?